- Basic Course Information
- Course description- This is an activity class in golf. Content includes basic rules of play, basic swing mechanics, and various forms of games that can be played.
- Prerequisites- Prior knowledge of golf, and basic understanding of golf etiquette.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will learn the basic rules of golf and be able to complete a rules test.
- The student will able to identify the ball flight tree to be used in basic swing mechanics.
- The student will learn different types of formats that can be played as well as any differences in rules.
- Major Course Requirements
- Each student is required to play 8 rounds of golf throughout the semester. The student is required to turn each of those scorecards with a signature into my office before the last day of class. Each round that is short of the required 8 will be a letter grade deduction.
- Each student will take and pass a short rules exam and be required to pass a ball flight tree test.
- Other Policies: Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Students with disabilities
- Departmental Policy in regard to make-up/late work. Students must explain and make up all excused absences as soon as possible after the absence.
August 19, 2015