- Basic Course Information
- Course description – Activity in advanced & beginning racquetball.
- Prerequisites – No prior knowledge needed for entry into this class/course.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will demonstrate skills learned each class day while engaged in a regular game of racquetball.
- The student will converse knowledge of the rules of the game with the instructor on a daily basis while playing a game of racquetball.
- The student will research short papers related to wellness issues throughout the semester, to include obesity and heart health.
- Major Course Requirements
- Attendance and attitude – graded each class day. 3 – 4.5 points will be deducted for absence or lack of participation depending on MWF or TTH class times.
- Writing assignments are requested during the semester to include topics of wellness and health issues.
- Students will participate in a class and all school racquetball tournaments in the Spring semester.
- Students must provide their personal equipment for class.
- Information on Books and other Course Materials
- Research issues can be found in the Learning Resource Center. Topics will be discussed with the instructor before selecting. No Textbook is required for this class.
- Students must provide their own racquet and one can of Penn Racquetballs. Eye goggles are strongly recommended for the student’s safety.
- Other Policies:
Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Students with disabilities
- Departmental Policy in regard to make-up/late work. Students must explain and make up all excused absences as soon as possible after the absence
- Course Organization & Tentative Schedule*
|Week 1 & 2
||Course introduction and general information and discussion regarding the class and college. Topic assignments are used during this time related to college life, nutrition, outlets for down time, etc. Suggestions for types of equipment purchases are discussed.
||Introduction of rules of play for the game of Racquetball begin. Discussion and demonstrations of court etiquette, strategies, proper racquet grips, court positions, etc. will be introduced and discussed throughout the semester.
| Week 4
||Students will demonstrate basic strokes and knowledge of game rules by playing abbreviated games with instructor in the court. This is done for safety and better understanding of the language needed in this game.
||The entire semester will be participation in class playing the game of racquetball. All students will engage each other throughout the semester. Instructor makes corrections of strategies, rules, and shot selections.
||Final Week is used for make-up times and fun. A class evaluation is usually done at this time as well.
* The above schedule, policies, procedures, and assignments in this course are subject to change.
June 11, 2019