- Basic Course Information
- Course Description-This is an activity course in body conditioning. There are 3 components to be addressed: flexibility, strength training, and cardiovascular exercise.
- Prerequisites - No prior knowledge for entry into this course. All skills needed will be taught.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- The student will participate in an exercise program inclusive of three fitness components - flexibility, strength, and cardiovascular training.
- The student will participate in a 15 minute warm up program; a 20 minute strength training circuit; and a 30 minute cardio program of choice.
- Major Course Requirements
- Attendance, participation, and attitude are the basis for students' grade.
- Writing assignments can be used for excused make-up work. Other assignments will be for all students. Topics on wellness and fitness will be discussed on occasion.
- Students will be expected to adhere to proper work out hygiene and dress. A hand towel is required to enter the weight/cardio rooms.
- Information on Books and other Course Materials
- NO textbook is required for this class.
- Articles, books, videos can be used for extra creditor excused absence make-up. Assisting students in this selection comes from the instructor and the Learning Resource Center.
- Other Policies:
Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Students with disabilities
- Departmental Policy in regard to make-up/late work. Students must explain and make up all excused absences as soon as possible after the absence
- Course Organization & Tentative Schedule*
|Week 1 & 2
||Course introduction; a 'settling in' while registration continues. Lecture and discussions on topics of wellness and fitness
||Introduction of flexibility, weight lifting, and cardio programs to students. Discussions on safety and proper lifting, heart rates, etc.
|Week 4 -15
||Students will meet and participate in all three facets of this class. Grading will be done daily as to participation, attendance, and attitude.
||Final class will be a wrap up of the semester. Self and Instructor evaluations will be done with emphasis on recommendations for the course, facility, etc.
* The above schedule, policies, procedures, and assignments in this course are subject to change.
June 12, 2019