- Basic Course Information
- Course Description: Starting, operating, and growing a small business. Includes essential management skills, how to prepare a business plan, accounting, financial needs, staffing, marketing strategies, and legal issues.
- Information about Learning Objectives and Outcomes - Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Evaluate the legal, social, and economic environments of business.
- Describe the global environment of business.
- Describe and explain the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Construct and present effective oral and written forms of professional communication.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Use specialized knowledge to solve business processes.
- Major Course Requirements
- Major course requirement: Chapter quizzes
- Major course requirement: Chapter exams
- Major course requirement: Writing Assignments
- Information on Readings
- Required text: Small Business Management: Launching & Growing Entrepreneurial Ventures 16e, Longenecker, Petty, Palich & Hoy, ISBN-13: 9781111532871, Cengage Learning.
- Other Policies: Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Students with disabilities
*The above schedule, policies, procedures, and assignments in this course are subject to change.
April 12, 2019