- Basic Course Information
- Course Description: Computer terminology, hardware, software, operating systems, and information systems relating to the business environment. The main focus of this course is on business applications of software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation graphics, and business-oriented utilization of the Internet.
- Required Prerequisite: None
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe the fundamentals of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure components: hardware, software, and data communications systems.
- Explain the guiding principles of professional behavior in computing.
- Demonstrate proper file management techniques to manipulate electronic files and folders in a local and networked environment.
- Use business productivity software to manipulate data and find solutions to business problems.
- Explain the concepts and terminology used in the operation of application systems in a business environment.
- Identify emerging technologies for use in business applications.
- Complete projects that integrate business software applications.
- Testing Requirements/Other requirements
- The final exam must be proctored. (ask your instructor for more details).
- Must have access to MS Office.
- Major Course Requirements
- Lab Assignments 45%
- Attendance 20%
- Final 35%
- Information on Books
- Required Book: Technology In Action, Complete, 12/E ISBN: 978-0-13-394956-8
- Other Policies, Procedures and important dates. Please refer to the WTC Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam Schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal Information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Class Attendance
- Student with disabilities
***Disclaimer: Assignments due to change by instructor
December 12, 2018