Texas Community Colleges
Student Grievance Procedure
Includes Grade Appeals and Complaints
Most questions or complaints can be handled through routine college channels. In general, students wishing to review the action of a particular individual or department should direct their questions to the persons responsible for the individual or department in the college organizational structure. If the student does not know who to contact, he or she may contact the Dean of Student Services or the Counseling Center for information.
If unsure which procedure to use, contact the Counseling Center for assistance.

Filing a complaint with our state accreditation agency, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB): 
Written complaints may be sent to:

The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board,
Office of General Counsel
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, Texas 78711-2788

Access the complaint policy, procedures, and the complaint form:

Click here for THECB complaint procedures and forms.

A complaint can be filed with our regional accreditation agency, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) if there is evidence that appears to support Western Texas College's non-compliance with an accreditation requirement or standard,

Access the complaint policy, procedures, and the Complaint Form, 
Click here for SACSCOC complaint procedures and forms.

Note that the complaint policy only addresses significant, documented, alleged non-compliance with the state/regional accreditation standards, policies, or procedures. Both state and regional accreditation agencies will require any complainant to exhaust all grievance and appeal procedures that Western Texas College has established (such policies being set forth in detail in the school catalog and/or student handbook) to address student complaints prior to initiating any investigation.

Western Texas College is in compliance with state requirements as specified by the Texas Secretary of State.