- Basic Course Information
- Course description— An introduction to computer-aided drafting. Emphasis is placed on setup; creating and modifying geometry; storing and retrieving predefined shapes; placing, rotating, and scaling objects, adding text and dimensions, using layers, coordinate systems, and plot/ print to scale
- Prerequisites--Students should have a proficiency in computer and internet usage.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the coordinate systems
- Complete the setup of a drawing
- Complete the creation and modification of geometry
- Demonstrate the creation and use of text, dimensions, storing and retrieving predefined shapes, and using layers
- Demonstrate the ability to plot/print to scale.
- Major Course Requirements
- Validation of Skills: There will be two major validations of skills during the semester. The validation of skills will be scheduled with your instructor for an on-site assignment. If you are unable to attend a TSTC campus, you will need to have the assignment proctored by an approved proctoring service. Arrangements for the proctor will need to be made at the beginning 2 weeks of the course.
- Drawing Assignments: There will be multiple drawing assignments in each Unit of the course.
- Assignment Discussion Forum: There will be a discussion forum for every unit assignment during the course. Each discussion will take place online, making use of the college’s online platform—Moodle.
- Information on Books and Other Course Materials
- Laptop Computer meeting minimum requirements.
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Other Policies: Please refer to the Western Texas College Course Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Students with disabilities
- Course Organization and Tentative Schedule*
|Unit 1- Week 1
||Syllabus, Introduction, and Software Installation
|Unit 2- Week 2
||Introduction to Civil Drafting, CADD
|Unit 3- Week 3
||Mapping Scales, Map Symbols
|Unit 4 – Week 4
||Surveying Fundamentals, Location and Direction, Legal Descriptions
|Unit 5 - Week 5
|Unit 6 - Week 6
||Horizontal Alignment Layout
|Unit 7 - Week 7
*The above schedule, policies, procedures, and assignments in this course are subject to change.
August 19, 2015