- Course Description
- Orientation to the field of physical fitness and sport. Includes the study and practice of activities and principles that promote physical fitness.
- Prerequisites – None
- Methods of Instruction
- Group work
- Individual demonstration
- Fit and Well by Tom Fahey 11th Edition. ISBN: 978-0-07-352347-7
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of the course the student will:
- Construct an individual wellness inventory that includes but not limited to fitness, nutrition, weight management, stress labs and activities.
- Evaluate individual personal wellness behaviors and identify methods to obtain lifetime healthy habits.
- Grade Categories
- Class Forums 100 (25 points each)
- Labs: 350 points (35 points each)
- Module Reviews: 200 points (50 points each)
- Tests: 350 points (Midterm - 150 points, and Final - 200 points)
- Course Requirements
- Labs: There will be ten lab assignments; some of the labs are physical in nature. If you have limitations or restrictions that will not allow completion of laboratory assignment please let me know and I will assign an alternative assignment for credit towards required laboratory assignment.
- Tests: This course will have two tests. The tests will be worth 35% of course grade. This course has a Midterm and a Final, both Exams must be proctored using the following proctor source, “Proctor Free”. The exams are open book.
The Midterm will cover chapters 1-7. The Midterm will have 100 questions taken directly from reviews.
The Final Exam covers chapters 8-15. The Final exam will have 100 hundred questions taken directly from reviews.
- Module Reviews: There will be a module review at the end of each module covered in course. The reviews may be taken as many times as student wants, and the content from reviews will be used on exams. Each review loads random questions so the more times you take the reviews the more questions you will see to cover material for exams. It is recommended to take reviews at least three times.
- Forums: This course will have four forums, one for each module. The forums are to elicit class discussion on various fitness and sports topics. Students are to respond to the forum individually, please remember to be comprehensive in answering and to provide examples and documentation. Cite your responses where needed. After completing the initial response, students are to read and respond to a classmate providing a review of their peers work. Please respond to at least one classmate with constructive criticism, do not degrade or talk down to peers.
- Late Work Policy All work is due on dates assigned if student wishes to receive full credit. However I do realize there are some circumstances that can lead to assignments being late. I have therefore have come up with the following policy for all late work.
- Reviews cannot be made up
- Lab assignments will lose 5 pts. Per day after due date and must be submitted no later than 5 days after due date. Except for Module 4, no late work will be accepted.
- Forums cannot be made up.
- Tests cannot be made up, unless there are extreme circumstances for missed test. This will be at the discretion of the instructor.
- Other Policies: Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final Exam schedule
- How to drop a class
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Students with disabilities
June 6, 2016