- Basic Course Information
- A study of the theory and operations of various types of pumps and compressors.
- Topics include mechanical power transmission systems including gears, v-belts, and chain drives
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the principals involved in the operation of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps and compressors.
- Identify the function of various components in pumps and compressor, disassemble and reassemble pumps, compressors and mechanical drives
- Troubleshoot pumps, compressors and mechanical drives
- Major Course Requirements
- Homework / quizzes
- Lab participation / attendance
- Test / Final exam
- Information on Books and Other Course Materials
- Audel MillWrights and Mechanics Guide by Thomas Davis ISBN: 978076454171
- The student must have a basic non-graphing calculator for use in lab.
- Other Policies, Procedures and Important Dates
- Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog
- Course Organization and Schedule - Disclaimer: Schedule and content is subject to change at the instructor’s discretion
- Grading - All material must be turned in prior to the week of finals; Written work will not be accepted week of finals.
||20% (10% each)
Disclaimer: Grading percentages subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.
August 29, 2016