- Basic Course Information
- Course description: Instruction in common turfgrass cultural practices. Topics include calculations, application of materials, and the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain turfgrass response to cultural activities; describe cultural practices; and perform turfgrass establishment procedures.
- Major Course Requirements
- Exams, Labs, Attendance with daily assignments
Exams – 25%
Lab (Attendance 15%, Participation10%) – 25%
Attendance and daily assignments – 25%
Final Exam – 25%
- Information on Books and Other Course Materials
- Required Book: Turfgrass Science and Management by Robert Emmons, Fourth Edition. ISBN: 978-1-4180-1330-1
- Other Policies, Procedures and important dates. Please refer to the WTC Catalog for the following:
- Campus Calendar
- Final exam schedule
- How to drop a class.
- Withdrawal information
- Student Conduct/Academic Integrity
- Class Attendance
- Students with disabilities
- Course Content
||Introduction, Discuss Internships
||Weed Management Strategies
||Water quality and greens flushing
||Ultradwarfs and winterkill
||Other warm season grasses
||USGA greens construction and establishment
||Plant growth regulators
||Stimpmeter and soil moisture meter
||Golf course equipment
Disclaimer: The above schedule, policies, procedures and assignments in this course are subject to change.
August 16, 2016