- Course description: Career-related activities encountered in the student's area of specialization offered through an individualized agreement among the college, employer, and student. Under the supervision of the college and the employer, the student combines classroom learning with work experience. This course includes a lecture component.
- Student Learning Outcomes : As outlined in the learning plan, apply the theory, concepts, and skills involving specialized materials, tools, equipment, procedures, regulations, laws, and interactions within and among political, economic, environmental, social, and legal systems associated with the occupation and the business/industry and will demonstrate legal and ethical behavior, safety practices, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and appropriate written and verbal communication skills using the terminology of the occupation and the business/industry.
- Major Requirement 1: Student will perform 8 to 15 hours of work at commercial radio station, or the hours may be combined between a commercial radio station and the college station, KGWB.
- Major Requirement 2: Student will need to have recorded material of both on and off air production that can be edited for audio resume. This course is designed in cooperation with Portfolio and Development. Student will provide completion of activity log, along with written evaluation from commercial radio station manager.
- Information on Books and Other Course Materials: Instructor will provide materials
- Other Policies, Procedures and important dates - Please refer to the WTC Course Catalog
January 17, 2014