Texas Community Colleges
Print this page
Westerner ID Card

It is mandatory that all students and staff on the Western Texas College Campus obtain and carry a Westerner Card.

You’ll use your Westerner Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. You’ll need it to:

  • Receive financial aid disbursements
      • Receive book buyback credits
      • Purchase food through your meal plan
      • Check out books from the library
      • Attend athletic events
      • Receive student discounts from participating merchants

Western Texas College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Westerner Card. The Westerner Card is a MasterCard Debit Student ID which allows you free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard signature or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.

A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:

  • No monthly service fee
  • Easy access to free Herring Bank ATMs on and around campus
  • Free access to online banking – check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access.
  • Get paid faster – when you request direct deposit of your financial aid* and/or direct deposit of your paycheck
  • FAQ

Visit the ID card office to get your Westerner Card.
Use your new Westerner Card, your official student ID, for all of your on-campus needs and to access your Herring Bank checking account.

For information on how to obtain your Westerner Card, call the ID card office at 325-573-8511 or visit the ID Card office in Palmer Hall, (Monday - Friday, 8am – 5pm) or online.

Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Contact Herring Bank at 1-866-348-3435.  You will also need to go to the ID Card office for a new card.

For all the details, see the Westerner ID Card Brochure.