It is mandatory that all students and staff on the Western Texas College Campus obtain and carry a Westerner Card.
You’ll use your Westerner Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. You will be able to use it to:
- Receive financial aid disbursements (unless you designate another financial institution)
- Receive book buyback credits
- Purchase food through your meal plan
- Check out books from the library
- Attend athletic events
- Receive student discounts from participating merchants
Western Texas College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Westerner Card. The Westerner Card is a multi-functional card which allows you to open an optional checking account with free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard or pin-based transactions. It's the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus. Please refer to new account disclosures for a complete list of terms and conditions and related fees associated with a College Green account offered from Herring Bank in Amarillo, TX
A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:
- For additional debit card information click here
- ATMs, FAQs, and Terms and Conditions, Fees and Online Banking
- WTC and Herring Bank Contractual Agreement
Visit the ID card office to get your Westerner Card.
Use your new Westerner Card, your official student ID, for all of your on-campus needs and to access your Herring Bank checking account.
For information on how to obtain your Westerner Card, call the ID card office at 325-573-8511 or visit the ID Card office in the Learning Resource Center - Building 2, (Monday - Friday, 8am – 5pm).
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Contact Herring Bank at 1-866-348-3435. You will also need to go to the ID Card office for a new card.
For all the details, see the Westerner ID Card Brochure.