Who Is Eligible?
- Students who are 1st Generation (neither of their parents has a 4-year degree)
- Students in grades 6th - 12th grade at participating schools
- Students who meet our income guidelines
- Students who demonstrate a desire to pursue post-secondary education and have a potential for academic success
- Individuals up to 27 years of age who are interested in entering college-level courses
How to Join:
- Obtain an application from your school counselor, Talent Search staff member, or print one from the link below (pdf).
The Department of Education has specific guidelines we must meet with the population that we serve which are: Students selected are 1st Generation, two-thirds of our applicants selected must meet the income guidelines and the other one-third can be high income.
What service does Talent Search offer?
- ACT/SAT Fee Waivers
- Assist with College Applications
- Assist with Financial Aid Applications
- Assist with Scholarships, Grants and Loan Applications
- Career and Vocational Advising
- College and Career Preparation
- College Application Fee Waivers
- College Tours/Cultural Events
- Financial Aid Workshop For Parents and Students
- Tutorial Services
Educational Talent Search | Western Texas College | 6200 College Avenue | Snyder, TX 79549 | 325-574-7638 | 888-468-6982 | Fax 866-278-4991