Upward Bound is a federally funded college preparatory program for high school students. We offer services to a select group of high school students who meet our criteria. Our services include Saturday Academies during the school year, trips to college campuses, tutoring, a six-week summer program, and a college bridge component the summer after graduation. We provide academic advisement as well as academic instruction for students through high school in order to prepare them for college, and track each student until they graduate.
Selection is based on federal income guidelines and/or being a first generation college student (neither parent holds a bachelor’s degree). Students must have the desire, dedication, and discipline to enter and graduate from college. Our participants work diligently in high school to improve their GPAs and to prepare for college. All services are free to the participants throughout their high school career. Upward Bound assists students with college admissions through financial aid applications, college applications, scholarship searches and college entrance exam preparation.
HOW TO APPLY
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must attend one of the targeted high schools
- Must be potential first generation college graduates (neither parent holds a Bachelor's degree)
- Must meet the Federal Income Guidelines
- Most of all, students must demonstrate the desire to attend and graduate from college
How to Join:
- Obtain an application from your school counselor, Upward Bound staff member, or print one from the link below (pdf):
Daphny Lopez, Administrative Assistant