- PRIORITY DEADLINE. The goal of the Financial Aid Office at Western Texas College is to provide aid to all students who may be eligible for need assistance to pursue a higher education. Much of the financial aid available to students is awarded on a first come, first served basis. March 15th is the priority deadline for the Fall Semester and October 1st is the priority deadline for the Spring Semester for students to have completed error free financial aid file. Students completing files after these dates may not have financial aid available for use at registration.
- WTC FINANCIAL AID FORMS. Once a student has been accepted to Western Texas College students must complete and submit the following forms, WTC Worksheet (2013-14).
- FAFSA. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA must be completed annually starting in January of each year, in order to be considered for grants, some scholarships, federal work study and student loans. If you are a continuing student, complete your FAFSA Renewal Application. Western Texas College’s Title IV school code, as requested on the FAFSA application, is #009549.
- PIN NUMBER. Request student and parent PIN numbers, if you do not already have them, from the Department of Education at www.pin.ed.gov. These will be used to acces, sign and correct your FAFSA application.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. The application deadline is May 1st.
If you are selected for verification, we will also need:
Requesting a Tax Transcript if selected for Verification:
- VERIFICATION FORM. If you are selected for verification, you will be notified by email or letter. The notice will indicate which form(s) need(s) to be completed; once the appropriate Verification Form is completed, return it to the Financial Aid Office.
- TAX TRANSCRIPTS. ***Beginning in the 2012-2013 academic year, any applicant selected for Verification who does not use the IRS Data Retrieval Process, cannot use the IRS Data Retrieval Process, or modifies data after transferring to the FAFSA on the Web from the IRS will need to request a Tax Transcript from the IRS (instructions below). Please note additional information may be requested by the Financial Aid Office, if needed.
Tax filers can request a transcript, free of charge, of their tax return from the IRS in one of three (3) ways:
- on-line via www.irs.gov
- by phone by calling the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
- by paper request by sending the IRS Form 4506T-EZ
After your application is complete:
- AWARD NOTIFICATION. Western Texas College students will receive a Financial Aid Notification of Award Letter that they must sign and return it to our office, or accept their awards online through their my.wtc.edu First-time students can see their awards online at Campus Connect. Continuing students will receive an email and can access and respond to their award notification on Campus Connect.
- STUDENT LOANS. At WTC, a student must complete entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note to apply for a Student Loan. The entrance counseling and master promissory note are completed online at 'www.studentloans.gov.
- PARENT PLUS LOANS. At WTC, a PARENT must complete a Parent Plus application and Parent Plus Master Promissory Note to apply for a Parent Plus Loan. The application and master promissory note are completed online at 'www.studentloans.gov. A credit check will be completed through the Department of Education.
- ENROLLMENT. You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 hours for each fall & spring semester) before any loans can be disbursed.
- CHECK DISBURSEMENTS/REFUNDS. Any amount left after tuition and fees are paid can be picked up at the WTC Business Office after the 20th class day. Watch for signs indicating they are ready. After your loan has been applied to your student account, the financial aid office will notify you by letter with the dates you may expect the credit balance to be disbursed to you. A first-time loan borrower will have a 30 day delay before their loan is disbursed to their account. New to the 2012-2013 academic year; loans will be applied to your student account in 2 disburesments per semester.
- GRANT AND SCHOLARSHIPS are credit balances in your account to be used to pay for tuition and fees, and books and supplies as far as they will go. If there is a remaining balance, you will receive a check in approximately 4 weeks into the semester. Grant and scholarship awards are made assuming that you will be enrolled full-time. If you are not enrolled full-time, your award will be adjusted accordingly. (Institutional scholarship balances are not available to the student as a refund.)
Transient students are NOT eligible for financial aid.
Summer Aid may be available. Fill out the summer aid application and submit to the Financial Aid Office to determine your eligibility.
FICE/INSTITUTION Code: 009549
The Financial Aid Office is located at:
6200 South College Avenue, Snyder, Texas 79549
Administration Building; Bldg. 20, Room 117
8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
- Greg Torres
- Tara Wilkinson
- Kelly Ziegler
For general questions about the application process; scholarships and grants; the workstudy program; or to appeal a financial aid suspension, please feel free to contact our office via email, phone, or in person.
866-270-6184 - fax
For questions about VA assistance, please contact Ann Galyean.
Western Texas College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its program or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources at Western Texas College
Snyder, TX 79549